Candlestuff is a B2B luxury fragrance and candle supplies company. They approached 408 media to create a digital strategy to launch their brand and proposition on Facebook and Instagram.
Their goal was to increase brand awareness with candle makers and craft businesses within the UK, showcase their innovative products, and establish themselves as market leaders.
They also had clear financial goals of a minimum return on investment of 5:1 within the first three months. As Facebook was a new channel to their digital strategy, we could not analyse previous ad campaign performance as a basis for our recommendations.
We created an innovative four-tier funnel strategy that targeted relevant audiences with different creative and messaging at each stage of their buying journey.
· Tier 1: Increasing awareness of Candlestuff’s diverse range of products and solutions.
· Tier 2: Encouraging consideration by teasing users to explore the ranges.
· Tier 3: Driving purchases by optimising the conversion journey.
· Tier 4: Ensuring retention by surfacing their industry-leading knowledge and after-sales care.
Our razor-sharp creative and messaging focussed on the USP’s of the products, unique fragrances and great pricing. Our tactic was to drive engagement, “Stop the scroll”, and guide users through the Facebook advertising funnel. Finally, ongoing proactive and reactive optimisations to ensure sales remained consistent, costs low, and the ability to scale budgets to react to market fluctuations.
The Bottom Line
Within three months of launching, we delivered:
· A 6.5:1 return on investment
· Cost per acquisition of less than £7.50
· 1400 sales
· A cost per add to cart of £0.71
The campaign was a massive success, and the investment in Facebook increased by 300%